Thursday, 3 May 2012

Reunited

I guess you might be wondering what sparked all this? Why now? Well, it was only a couple of days ago that I ran into Alastor again. It had been over 18 months since seeing or hearing from any of them - then just one day, I look across the street and there he was...just standing there, staring back at me. I didn't know how to react. I just stood there - everything came flooding back. Dread and relief washed over me as I realized I was being recalled. He just nodded at me, and vanished.

Later that evening I had a proper meeting up with him and Julian (his brother). We talked for a while, and the idea of keeping a blog came up. No doubt they have both already made similar accounts to watch me, but I don't mind. That was the idea for them I guess. Really it's a neat way of communicating, when you think about it.

I should start getting my things in order. I'll be moving back to Europe soon I anticipate. I actually rather like it here though. I picked Australia because it was so far away, so isolated. This small rural town I've lived in has been perfect in a way - in the middle of nowhere in particular, not too isolated from anything, and nothing going on in the slightest. Just living as an average human young woman. I've decided to keep my blog address as being from Australia... just to remind me where it all started. Who knows - the others might do so too, since security wise it's pretty sound as well.

I'm going to miss my dog terribly. I'm hoping i can convince them to let me bring him along. No one understands him like I do. I guess I shouldn't be that worried - if I can convince Julian I need him, then he will come.
I'm going to miss my friends that I've made here over the past year and a bit. Being one of them made me feel so much closer to them than I otherwise would have. But I will have to say goodbye to most of them. But the really special ones... they I will keep in contact with online. Until they are endangered by my doing so, of course.

It was nice, just being like everyone else for a while. Having normal people problems and joys. So much less expectation and responsibility.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Julian will let you bring Kenai with you.

    All will be well, don't worry - it won't be like it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see how it's going to be hard.

    But you don't belong there Wedge, you belong here... with us! With me.

    ReplyDelete