Methias has killed a man. I know it was him, because no one else can write in our language and he left his mark upon the chest of the victim. I can't show any photos, but the symbol representing him is shaped like this:
And there was a message written on the wall, above where the man was left, written in blood. It said:
Which translated says "Your Turn" (it was actually written in English, but with our characters), but with some inclusions that I can't explain in English as well as the indication that there is a continuation coming. And it was directed at me.
We took the body with us, after Julian and Alastor got there and we all had a look. Arthur said something very insightful that we had all missed: why him.
We seem to have the same concept of people in our minds as Methias - that they are just victims, irrelevant. We saw him as a black-skinned human male. But Arthur saw him as a person, and not as just an expendable item at Methias' disposal. We just focused on WHY the murder happened, but Arthur asked why HIM. And that got us thinking - why him indeed? Why not someone else? Sure, we're used to Methias just picking anyone at random but there must be something about this man in particular that put him on Methias' hit list.
Julian took the body for analysis, while Alastor and Arthur are trying to find out who he is - Arthur's going through reports of missing people, but it's a big country. Since we can't rule out that he was brought there from...well...anywhere. I've helped narrow down the search with my observations but it may be a while. Alastor - I don't actually know how Alastor finds out things. He just... goes off to his office and comes back with answers. Hopefully he'll come up with something.
The message is bothering me. What is coming next? What am I supposed to do? Am I being called to kill myself? Will I end up doing so regardless of choice? Will my actions to find out what is going on result in disaster? These mind-games that Methias plays really get to me. But there is still the part of me that enjoys trying to figure it out. It's always so clever.
I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight. I will spend some time with Arthur - he's looking a little frazzled with it all, I guess it's been a while since he'd been around a dead body. And even then it wasn't that much. And I could use the company. Arthur makes me feel like the world can wait, and I can just enjoy the time I am spending with him. I haven't had a friend like that before.


No comments:
Post a Comment