So Julian has completed tests on the body - he's delivering it back to the police at the moment so that his family can pay their respects to his body. I've been through the data - nothing too exciting. DNA result came up as expected - completely human. I brought Arthur with me - he seems to be innately good at pointing out obvious things that I miss looking at the details. And just putting things together that I didn't think of. We were in the Analysis room, and he was shocked. I hadn't brought him in there before and I'd forgotten that the technology would be something he hadn't seen before. Basically, the whole room is an interactive three dimensional computer. The data appears and you move it to a place where you want to keep it - so you can view many things at once. I don't know how ordinary people cope having to interact with their computers in only two dimensions.
That's when Arthur noticed something strange. Well he didn't know it was strange at the time...but it was. He picked up a chart, just one of the more standard scan data, and asked what it meant. Glancing over, I just said it was general information about the physical form - dimensions, chronology, external microbe analysis, radiation levels etc. I returned to my chemical analysis chart, pulling models of molecules about. Arthur seemed surprised about the radiation - but I said that everything has a radioactive signature. Curious, he asked what the normal level and type of radiation was - so I told him to run an overlaying comparison to the on-file normal range chart. And would you know what? His radiation levels were much higher than normal. Twice that of someone who would work with radiation on a daily basis. Looking in to it - it seemed he got a large dose of radiation just before he died. There were traces of Uranium on his skin.
Alastor entered at this moment, saying that he'd found a match. A customs worker at (can't say which) international airport was reported missing two days ago - he was wearing a uniform of sorts when he was found (stripped of identifying features, of course, but a uniform none the less). Our victim matched the details. To be sure, we're going to go to his workplace and find a DNA sample to confirm...but I mentioned the radiation discovery and it was decided that something strange was going on, and it would be good to go investigate the airport and the records of incoming and outgoing cargo. Somehow, our guy came into contact with some Uranium, and then hours later, was found dead. Maybe he came across something he shouldn't have?
We leave for the Airport in 4 hours. It's best we cause as little interruption as possible, and that's when the least activity is happening for the following day.
No comments:
Post a Comment