Saturday, 12 May 2012

Beginday

I guess you could call today my 'Birthday', but in my original launguage we called it ... sounds like "Bergronadranya". Translated, it's a 'beginday'....the day that we began our journey through life. So today Arthur, Alastor, Julian and I had a small party to celebrate my accomplishment of completing this step in my journey.

Originally, we did give gifts as well - but they were gifts our friends gave to us to help prepare us for the next step in our journey, the coming year. So things that we would need or use soon. From Alastor, I got a watch - it told the time of my personal timeline, inside of Nine and outside relatively. Very handy. Julian gave me an emergency medical kit that occupied an alternate dimension until you needed it, you just had to press this button that stayed in our space/time/dimension.

Arthur, not really understanding the difference between our birthdays and theirs, didn't get me something like a tool to be used. But it was very very sweet - it was a silver necklace, medium in size of the chain, with a bright blue gemstone pendant encased in silver metal. I love it. It's the perfect colour. I put it on then and there and I doubt I'll take it off.

But yeah we didn't do much else. Stayed in Nine and just talked. Ramah and Sultan were still here, but we aren't debriefing until tomorrow so they stayed in the hospital room and finished off some work. I don't think they knew about the party... I feel bad for not inviting them to join in, I just assumed they would but chose not to.


Sleeping time soon though, dinner was large and delicious. Kenai will be looking forward to my coming and playing with him. He does seem to be enjoying his new yard here in Nine though; there is always so much for him to do and he loves the food. Arthur likes to play with him a lot, even more so that we live only a corridor away.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful day Wedge.

    And you'll have to get back soon, since Ramah and Sultan are leaving in a couple of hours and they want to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've messaged you, you're going to have to leave them first. I need you here as soon as you can. Directions in text message.

      Delete