Thursday, 30 August 2012

To Dartmoor

On the darkened moors of England, prowls a deadly creature. Black as night, vicious, with bright red eyes and power beyond the human imagination. He is rarely seen, and no human has ever been attacked by him... and lived. And we're going to catch him.

I thought he needed a good introduction. Some call him 'The Beast', others a Hellhound, a Demon, 'killer shadow', and I remember Arcturus calling him Bob once...and the list goes on. We just call him The Beast of Dartmoor, since there are many like him around the world and it gets hard to know them all by name. Arthur insisted we name him, so 'Skarin' he became. There was one in Bodmin, just close to Dartmoor - but she was more leopard-like than lion-like in the wolf/big cat hybridisation.

So yes, anyway, what we had decided is that if Methias is going to be involved in genetic engineering, then what we'll have to do is have a look at it ourselves. Since we don't really have the resources to make our own experiments, and we need something live - since that's what he'll be doing - we thought we might as well use what resources we DO have, and that is Skarin. We won't hurt him, but we need to borrow him for a while. We will return him to his natural environment where he was released decades ago. He'd be... about 150 years old. I haven't looked into it, but I would assume his lifespan would be about 300 maximum. The Foreones weren't using him as a test subject for longevity.

We're in Dartmoor now, just waiting for it to be night. The sun is about to start setting, and so we will go out and lay our traps for Skarin. He comes out at night, so we'll do most of our searches then. Away from prying eyes. I of course can't go in natural form, I can't risk it. But the others will. Arthur says that his natural form is now wolf, but we have a disagreement on the definition of the word. But I just let him win, since I suppose English is his native language even if I have been speaking it for hundreds of years.

More updates as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment