Jack Peterson came to us saying that there was some suspicious activity going on in a lab in Derby. One of the researchers had deterred from his tasks, and went off on a large tangent - and made some brilliant advancements on that tangent. But one of the other researchers were getting concerned about it and contacted David Hutchinson (A partner of Peterson). By the time we got there, the damage was done. Another blackend body.
The research was taken, the prototypes were gone, and the building was scorched. It hadn't been too long, since there was still the slight crackle of fire in the rubble being extinguished. He makes it hard, when he takes all the evidence with him. But I guess if he made it easy, he wouldn't be such a threat.
The dead researcher's wife has given us all his work and notes he kept at home, for us to copy and then return. She was understandably distraught, as was their child. I remember when I lost my parents - I was only young too. At least she still has her mother - I wasn't so lucky...I was all alone, with just my younger brother. Even he left me in the end, not too long after that day. Really, he had a right to leave.
Getting back on topic...Tharis has returned a suspicion, that Methias is restarting the old Genetic Engineering of our Foreones. He would have access to the main database's information, but not to the pre-set equipment that we do that Tharis controls for us (for the majority), so he'd have to seek out the help of humans pioneering in their fields. We had a meeting the other day with all of the Sectors, and Tharis, and concluded the above suspicion.
No comments:
Post a Comment