Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Investigating Elm

We've detected some strange movement happening in Elm, not too far from Munford. Alastor and I have decided to drive there and take a look. Julian's staying behind, in the lab. I don't think he really heard us - he was too focused on looking at the cells under the microscope. Besides, I needed to get away from Munford for a while. Any memories from the past don't go down to well right now.

We've only just started out driving, Alastor driving of course (otherwise how could I be writing this?). It's fairly silent, but I guess it always is with Alastor in the car. He can say the most profound things, but he isn't a chatterbox. His thinking is that words are powerful, and precious, and so should be used purposefully. But I still enjoy our converstations, even if I am the one that initiates all the time.

I feel bad for not telling Arthur where we're going. But he's safer in the lab, and I wanted to leave him sleep. It's strange, it wasn't weird for us to share a room. He asked why, but I explained that there are many rooms that contain unknown dangers and I wanted to be sure he would be safe. He replied to me, that I meant I just wanted to make sure he didn't touch anything. And I can't say he wasn't right. The lab in Munford contains many dangerous chemicals and disease strains that were used in the Foreones' experimentation and research. After all this time I can't be sure what has or hasn't broken free and spread. Or what was left behind in some of the researcher's rooms.

No doubt this trip will result in nothing. It was just a observation made by Peterson to Alastor, and normally we wouldn't have bothered but given the circumstances I thought we might as well. Alastor seems to want Arthur to take over communications with the human authorities - Peterson and Hutchinson. Apparently he has a better understanding of the way humans work and communicate. Half of me thinks that's true, and the other half thinks that Alastor just wants to give Arthur something to do, a task of his own. And also so he doesn't have to deal with them. As lovely a person Peterson is, Alastor just doesn't like involving himself with humans too much. He says they are too chatty with pointless information. Too many social expectations on their communication. I just laugh at him.

Well here we are, Elm. Rather pointless entry, I know, but I needed something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment